Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Mix Book

On the theme of Squidmonkeys, about a year ago I made this MixBook for my girlfriend. It's like a mix tape, although instead of songs, it has excerpts from a bunch of different novels and short stories. It took me ages, both to retype each story, and to bind the book (imposition messes with my mind). I also did a bit of a rush job on it, so it's not very well put together. I would love to redo it, but Jen refuses to let me touch it.

I know this sort of thing must break all sorts of copyright laws. However, if you take into account the number of spelling mistakes that are probably in there, you may find that my versions could possibly be considered entirely new works of writing.


1 comment:

  1. Mixbook is a great name! it's kind of like commonplace books or florilegia (which are also nice names)

    ReplyDelete